Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Month of Sesshin



This month is like a month of Sesshin [touching the heart-mind] for me. I have been to a three days Osho Meditation Camp at fireflies ashram. I enjoyed full moon night at pyramid valley in Maitereya Budha Pyramid. And, attended an inpiring session at Choe Khor Sum ling this sunday. One significant family meet happened which finally cleared doubts in people's mind. They could now be free of past and future to enjoy the sheer joy of being here & now. And, with grace of existance things seems moving in harmony.

One another major experience I am going through is by reading 'The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying' by Sogyal Rinpoche. This I see certainly in one among the life changing experience for me...and eventually I started reading it around the date 25th :)


Few excerpts [till the pages I have yet read] which may steer you:

"Over many years of contemplation and teaching and practice, and clarifying questions with my masters, I have written The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying as the quintessence of the heart-advice of all my masters, to be a new Tibetan Book of the Dead and a Tibetan Book of Life. I want it to be a manual, a guide, a work of reference, and a source of sacred inspiration.

Only by going over this book and reading it again and again, I suggest, can its many layers of meaning be revealed. The more you use it, you will find, the more profoundly you will feel its implications, and the more you will come to realize the depth of the wisdom that is being transmitted to you through the teachings..."

***

"Human beings spend all their lives preparing, preparing, preparing . . .

Only to meet the next life unprepared."

***

"Tibetan Buddhists believe that illnesses like cancer can be a warning, to remind us that we have been neglecting deep aspects of our being, such as our spiritual needs.

we take this warning seriously and change fundamentally the direction of our lives, there is a very real hope for healing not only our body, but our whole being..."

***

"Let us now think of what frequently happens in relationships.

So often it is only when people suddenly feel they are losing their partner that they realize that they love them. Then they cling on even tighter.

But the more they grasp, the more the other person escapes them, and the more fragile their relationship becomes.

So often we want happiness, but the very way we pursue it is so clumsy and unskillful that it brings only more sorrow..."

***

"The space inside is exactly the same as the space outside. "

*****

"The first step is the practice of Meditation.

It is meditation that slowly purifies the ordinary mind,

unmasking and exhausting its habits and illusions,

so that we can, at the right moment, recognize who we really are."


ॐ शांति शांति शांति !!

No comments:

About Me

Hi, I'm a simple man who wants to be friend with nature and all around. I welcome you to be in tune with yourself only...keep smiling! :)